Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Coaching Services
I value clarity and integrity!
These Terms apply to and govern the provision of coaching services by Jacqui Sjenitzer, of Braveologist Coaching & Training, referred to throughout these terms and conditions as Braveologist. These Terms govern the agreement between you and Braveologist.
In these Terms, the following words have these meanings:
the Terms - means these terms and conditions for the purchase of coaching services by you from Braveologist;
the Schedule - a written schedule issued by Braveologist specifying the cost of the Services and incorporating these terms by reference;
the Services - the provision of coaching services by Braveologist;
the Contract - the Contract created between you and Braveologist in respect of the coachingServices to be provided, as governed by these conditions;
the Fees - the fees specified in the schedule for the services.
The Client - the individual commissioning the coaching services.
The Coach - Jacqui Sjenitzer
The International Coach Federation (ICF) defines coaching as ‘partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential’.
Our coaching relationship is a partnership which will help you identify what is most important to you in your life and work, identify what’s not working, and move forward in a more resourceful way.
Our coaching relationship may sometimes cross over with mentoring and educational work. In coaching, the coach does not introduce her own experience or personal background into the coaching session. Coaching remains focused on the client and on enabling her to arrive at ways forward that are meaningful and powerful in the client’s own terms and for her own specific circumstances; the client remains in control. When we step into ‘mentoring’ or ‘educational’ territory, we will design that together and be explicit about what we are working with based on what is required by you, the client, at the time.
Responsibilities of Coach
I agree to maintain the ethics and standards of behaviour set forth by the International Coach Federation (ICF). Please see here for complete ethics and standards.
- I am not a therapist or counsellor. Coaching is forward-looking and should not be intended as a replacement for deep-seated work rooted in family-of-origin or trauma. Coaching is not a substitute for diagnosis, counselling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment.
Responsibilities of Client
- Please come to the session ready with your session agenda and be fully present during coaching sessions.
- You will be invited to communicate with integrity, be open to honesty, encouragement and create the time and energy to participate fully in the sessions. Also to take ownership of your own physical, mental and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions and results.
- You accept the fact that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for professional advice by legal, mental, medical or other qualified professionals and will seek independent professional guidance for such matters.
The Services and Frequency
We will agree a schedule, frequency and duration of coaching sessions that will enable you to make progress at a pace appropriate for you and for your timescales in which you wish to achieve your goals. The frequency of the services will be specified in the schedule that will be sent to you by Braveologist, which you will need to agree, before coaching sessions can begin. This can be done by signing, dating and returning the schedule in hard copy or by emailed agreement of the schedule.
Release of Information
- I engage in training and continuing education pursuing and/or maintaining ICF Credentials. This process requires the names and contact information of Clients for possible verification by the ICF.
- By working together, you agree to have only your name, contact information and start and end dates of coaching shared with the ICF for the sole purpose of verifying the coaching relationship, no personal notes will be shared.
- On occasion, I may refer to your coaching sessions in supervision sessions with my own supervisor but you will not be identifiable from this discussion.
Policies & Procedures:
The time of the coaching sessions and/or location will be determined by me, the Coach and you, the Client, based on a mutually agreed upon time and place. You will initiate all scheduled calls and will call in at the following number for all scheduled meetings 016977 41949 or via Skype by connecting ahead of time with me at username jacqusjen.
At each session, please come ready with your topic or agenda. Client always sets the agenda for their coaching.
You are invited to attend all sessions promptly and with an intention to be present, ready to engage and take meaningful actions.
Except in the case of emergency, please give me 24 hours notice if you need to reschedule or cancel our call.
In the event that you do not show for our coaching session, I will wait for 20 minutes after the appointed time, and will assume that you wish to forfeit that session. I will contact you by email. Following your contact, I will make every effort to reschedule the missed meeting.
For coaching paid for up front – a refund for unused sessions will be given in full, less an administrative fee of £25.00
All unused sessions expire 12 months after initial payment.
Braveologist will agree with you a payment schedule for coaching services and will invoice you for the services.
In the event of late payment by you, Braveologist will be entitled, without limiting any other rights and remedies it may have, to:
- suspend the Services and/or cancel any of its outstanding obligations under the Terms;
- levy a service charge to cover administrative and other associated costs in relation to overdue accounts at the rate of 3% per month on all unpaid accounts.
- You will have no right to set off any amounts owing to you by Braveologist against unpaidinvoices due to Braveologist .
- You will have no right to seek any compensation, damages or any other financial recompense from Braveologist at any time. Braveologist will work closely with you to help you achieve your goals but the ultimate responsibility for success will rest with you. This is why you will be expected to take responsibility for your own development and progress, since you will be in the best position to create your own success with my support.
- The Services are provided without any express or implied warranties, conditions or representations and all warranties, conditions, terms, undertakings and obligations on the part of Braveologist implied by statute, common law, custom, trade usage, course of dealing or in any other way are, to the extent permitted by law, excluded.
- Both Braveologist and you will refrain from exhibiting any behaviour other than professionalism, courtesy and respect for the coaching process and for each other. Any behaviour not in keeping with a positive, encouraging and respectful attitude will not be tolerated.
Limitation of Liability
- The maximum liability of Braveologist under or in connection with the Services, whether caused by the negligence of Braveologist or otherwise, will not exceed the amounts that have been paid or that have become payable by you.
- You accept any risks associated with any of the actions that you choose to take as a result of discussions during the course of the Services. Braveologist will have no responsibility or liability for any actions that you carry out or that you instruct anybody else to carry out on your behalf. Braveologist will have no responsibility or liability for any loss arising from any actions that you carry out. The implications and consequences of actions will be discussed during the coaching sessions, so that you and braveologist will be clear about the nature of agreed actions and about the extent to which they are appropriate, measured and realistic.
- Braveologist will not be liable to you for any of the following: loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of savings, loss of opportunity, loss of business and loss of goodwill (in each case whether direct or indirect) or for any indirect loss, damage, costs, expenses and other claims (whether caused by the negligence of Braveologist or otherwise) that arise out of or in connection with the schedule or the Terms.
Confidentiality and Data Protection
This coaching relationship, as well as all information that you share with me as your Coach is bound to confidentiality by the ICF Code of Ethics. If I would like to use any testimonial or case study relating to the coaching with you, this will only be done after your express written permission has been given, following my request.
- Confidential information does not include information that I am required by law to disclose
- Neither party will use (except for exercising its rights and performing its obligations under the Terms), will keep confidential and not divulge to any third party any and all confidential information of the other party (whether oral, written or recorded or disclosed in any other form, and whether disclosed on, before or after the date of the schedule) concerning any of the following: the business, affairs, plans, technology, know-how, products and services of the other party and, in particular, any information and material disclosed to them by the other party for purposes of the Terms without the other party’s prior written consent.
- Any information provided to Braveologist by you for the purposes of providing the Services is confidential information of yours. Braveologist will keep confidential and not divulge to any third party any information and may not publish or otherwise disseminate any information related to the Services without your express written permission.
- Nothing in the Confidentiality terms will prevent either party from making any disclosure required by law, or by the order of any court of competent jurisdiction or any regulatory authority.
Either party may terminate the coaching agreement immediately by written notice to the other.
No legal partnership etc - Nothing in these Terms creates, implies or evidences any partnership or joint venture between Braveologist and you, or the relationship between us of principal and agent.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction - The Contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England. The English Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with the Terms.
- Braveologist may revise these Terms at any time by publishing new or revised Terms and issuing them to you. If you accept a schedule after the new or revised Terms have been published, those new or revised Terms will apply to the supply of coaching services.
Download Terms here