What if you gave yourself permission to be braver?
There comes a time in our lives when we're called to play bigger, whether that be taking on a new role, stepping into our leadership and self-authority, starting a business, creating a community project, finding our voice or speaking our truth.
When it's time to 'show up' with courage, we can find ourselves feeling out of our depth.
We doubt ourselves, we hold back, we try too hard, we isolate ourselves, we armour up, we play small, we don't let our true selves be seen.
It's hard to lead a mission, or launch a movement, from that place.
The way forward is being real, knowing what matters most, transforming our relationship with uncertainty and our emotions, letting ourselves be seen. This is a way of living, a practice, a commitment.
It's not always comfortable, but it *is* steeped in integrity and authenticity.
If it's your time to step into the arena of your self-authority and leadership,
I can help.
The Daring Way™ is a psycho-educational (that just means focussed on education around positive mental health) curriculum, full of activities and based on the research of Brené Brown.
It's practical and experiential - you'll learn why you do the things you do in relation to how you think others see you, whether they be direct reports or loved ones, and you'll be learning some practical skills you can put into place right immediately after the workshop in your actual life (that's where the rubber hits the road).
It could be for you if you currently:
- Are being asked to step into a bigger arena at work, or are creating something new.
- Regularly feel afraid, exposed, isolated or like you're full of 'imposter syndrome'
- Think thoughts or say things to yourself that are unkind, and harsh, about your capability, intelligence, body, or appearance.
- Isolate yourself instead of asking for help.
- 'Over-care', getting enmeshed in other people's 'stuff', or get told you are 'cold' or 'aloof'.
- Work really hard to manage what others think about you.
- Obsess over getting things just right, most of the time.
- Smile when you're feeling furious, or other incongruent emotions/behaviours.
After the Daring Way™
- You're clear about what shame is, how you get triggered, and have a 'go-to' plan for facing your future with confidence.
- You're cultivating deeper connections with the people that matter to you.
- You know how to stay connected and empathise, but with strong, healthy boundaries.
- You know what it takes to step into a bigger arena, and what steps to take next.
- You've begun to surround yourself with support, and know how to ask for help when you need it.
- The voice in your head is a much kinder one, especially when it's talking directly to you.
- You lead, communicate and engage others with authenticity, trust, and presence.
- You feel clear, purposeful, move alive than ever.
I've been running The Daring Way™ workshops with groups for the past eighteen months, coached with over 250 people using this work, and spoken in front of hundreds of people - in and out of workplaces - around 'not feeling good enough-itis' and finding presence and courage.
I run these workshops because this has been the most deeply transformative inner work I have ever done (and witnessed in others) and because I truly believe that everyone on the planet would benefit from doing it.
The work is suitable for men and women. It has a 'leadership and organisational development focus' which means it is not therapy. We do look briefly at past/childhood/school experiences - just long enough to identify where early shame messages may have originated - and then our focus goes firmly back to the present day and how this affects your performance as a leader, your present day relationships etc.
About your coach and guide:
I'm Jacqui - I'm trained as a coach, psychologist and Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator. I work with groups, teams and leaders in workplaces and communities, helping them develop braver, happier people, and I work with women wanting to experience the full The Daring Way™ curriculum on a 1:1 basis.
Most importantly, I've walked this path, so I know what it takes to move from living from fear, shame and scarcity, to being real, messy and magnificent, and feeling whole. Living a wholehearted life happens in the detail of our daily lives, and by cultivating a rock-solid 'support section' - we're not supposed to do this alone.
You can find me online at www.braveologist.co.uk.
- A pre-workshop 30 min call with me to talk about what you can expect from the workshop, and to answer any questions you may have. This bit's important - we're starting to build trust way before the workshop days.
- A two day The Daring Way™ intensive workshop starting on Sunday 8th April 2017 (arrival from 4.30 pm) and ending on Tuesday 10th April 2018 at 5.00 pm.
- Two nights accommodation in a double or twin room in one of the Scafell Lodges at Brathay Hall, Ambleside, Cumbria. The venue is set in 360 acres of mature woodland and rolling pasture, at the head of Windermere.
- Two 3 course dinners, two lunches, daytime teas and coffees and all course materials. Travel to and from the venue is not included. Plenty of parking is available at the venue.
Your investment is £597.
A three-payment plan is available (£199 payable on booking, and you will be invoiced for two further payments of £199, with the balance payable by 8th March 2018.)
Until 21st December at 4.30 pm an early ticket price of £565 is available
(£188.33 on booking, and two further payments of £188.33).
Vouchers available for Christmas presents!
We may never be completely shame-free - there will still be days when we get 'triggered'. But there is such power and freedom in understanding shame, vulnerability and courage, and having worked out how they have been calling the shots in our lives. It's like letting the genie out of the bottle - once it's out, there's no going back.
Liberate yourself, once and for all.
Questions you might have:
I'm ready to book - what happens now?
Hoorah! Contact me using the big red button above. I'll send you an invoice for the first payment of £199 - you can pay easily using Paypal or your credit card. Once you've paid this, your place is secured and I'll send you further details.
Can I pay in full, or can you invoice my employer?
Absolutely. Tell me what you need when you make contact with the big red button.
What if I can't come, or change my mind?
Please register mindfully as your deposit signals your clear commitment and intention to show up and attend! Your Daring Way place is transferrable but not refundable. This means you can sell, or gift, your place to someone else.
Can I share a room with someone else?
Yes, you can! Single or twin rooms are available, so if you are booking with someone else (great plan!), you can let me know that you wish to share, and I'll adjust your invoice accordingly - you get to pay less and share with a buddy - what's not to love?
How do I get to Brathay Hall?
Brathay is at the foot of Windermere, set in 360 acres of stunning scenery, a 15 minute walk from Ambleside. There is plenty of free parking, so you are welcome to bring your car. The nearest railway station is at Windermere, just over 5 miles away. We recommend getting a taxi for ease and convenience.
What if I have dietary needs or allergies?
Let me know at the time of booking. We'll do our best to make sure everyone is well catered for. Brathay has a canteen staffed by super-committed cooks so you can expect tasty food.
Is this therapy?
No, it's not, and I am not a therapist. I'm a coach - governed by the ethics of the International Coach Federation - so will take good care of your beautiful heart - but I'm not qualified to offer therapy. You'll be asked to sign a coping agreement so you'll have the chance to think through what support you might need after the workshop, and I can help with recommendations, should you feel the need to dig more deeply into, and heal old stories. Past participants have done that and I've sought some extra support myself before now.
Will I be able to call myself a Certified Daring Way Facilitator after the workshop?
No - this work is for your own development and does not equip you to run workshops using the materials from The Daring Way or Rising Strong. You can find out more about certifying with the Daring Way at www.thedaringway.com.
If this invitation feels like a resonant 'yes' then I'd be over the moon to welcome you to the Lake District for the Daring Way.
If you notice any twinges of scarcity, fear of missing out or worry over paying for something you can't afford, I invite you to unhook from those untruths right away.
You do not need to have this, or any other experience, to start showing up more bravely in your life.
You can begin right now, just as you are.
With care, and great respect, Jacqui