What if you gave yourself permission to be braver?
There comes a time in our lives when we're called to play bigger, whether that be taking on a new role, stepping into our leadership and self-authority, starting a business, creating a community project, finding our voice or speaking our truth.
When it's time to 'show up' with courage, we can find ourselves feeling out of our depth.
We doubt ourselves, we hold back, we try too hard, we isolate ourselves, we armour up, we play small, we don't let our true selves be seen.
It's hard to lead a mission, or launch a movement, from that place.
The way forward is being real, knowing what matters most, transforming our relationship with uncertainty and our emotions, letting ourselves be seen. This is a way of living, a practice, a commitment.
It's not always comfortable, but it *is* steeped in integrity and authenticity.
If it's your time to step into the arena of your self-authority and leadership, I can help.
The Daring Way™ is a psycho-educational (that just means focussed on education around positive mental health) curriculum, full of activities and based on the research of Brené Brown.
It's practical and experiential - you'll learn why you do the things you do in relation to how you think others see you, whether they be direct reports or loved ones, and you'll be learning some practical skills you can put into place right immediately after the workshop in your life.
This event is limited to a maximum of 12 women.
The Daring Way is suitable for men or women - and this event is for women only, as my coaching work begins to centre on female leaders. [To any lovely Menfolk reading this - I will be happy to point you in the direction of other Daring Way Facilitators who will feel privileged to guide you through this work.]
We may never be completely shame-free - there will still be days when we get 'triggered'. But there is such power and freedom in understanding shame, vulnerability and courage, and having worked out how they have been calling the shots in our lives. It's like letting the genie out of the bottle - once it's out, there's no going back.
It could be for you if you currently:
- Are being asked to step into a bigger arena at work, or are creating something new.
- Regularly feel afraid, exposed, isolated or like you're full of 'imposter syndrome'
- Think thoughts or say things to yourself that are unkind, and harsh, about your capability, intelligence, body, or appearance.
- Isolate yourself instead of asking for help.
- 'Over-care', getting enmeshed in other people's 'stuff', or get told you are 'cold' or 'aloof'.
- Work really hard to manage what others think about you.
- Obsess over getting things just right, most of the time.
- Smile when you're feeling furious, or other incongruent emotions/behaviours.
After the Daring Way™
- You're clear about what shame is, how you get triggered, and have a 'go-to' plan for facing your future with confidence.
- You're cultivating deeper connections with the people that matter to you.
- You know how to stay connected and empathise, but with strong, healthy boundaries.
- You know what it takes to step into a bigger arena, and what steps to take next.
- You've begun to surround yourself with support, and know how to ask for help when you need it.
- The voice in your head is a much kinder one, especially when it's talking directly to you.
- You lead, communicate and engage others with authenticity, trust, and presence.
- You feel clear, purposeful, move alive than ever.
I run these workshops because this has been the most deeply transformative inner work I have ever done (and witnessed in others) and because I truly believe that everyone on the planet would benefit from doing it. I've been working with the material for over 2 years now and have seen again and again the transformational effects that practicing this knowledge brings.
The work has a 'leadership and organisational development focus' which means it is not therapy. We do look briefly at past/childhood/school experiences - just long enough to identify where early shame messages may have originated - and then our focus goes firmly back to the present day and how this affects your performance as a leader, your present day relationships etc. You'll be asked to sign a 'coping agreement' so you'll get the opportunity to think about how you need to support yourself as you work though this material - including working with a therapist, if you feel you need that kind of support. I've worked with a therapist alongside my coach as I unpicked some of the stuff that came up for me as I was learning The Daring Way. You have full permission to ask for the support you need..
About your coach and guide:
I'm Jacqui - I'm trained as a coach, psychologist and Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator. I work with groups, teams and leaders in workplaces and communities, helping them develop braver, happier people, and I work with women wanting to experience the full The Daring Way™ curriculum on a 1:1 basis.
Most importantly, I've walked this path, so I know what it takes to move from living from fear, shame and scarcity, to being real, messy and magnificent, and feeling whole. Living a wholehearted life happens in the detail of our daily lives, and by cultivating a rock-solid 'support section' - we're not supposed to do this alone.
You can find me online at www.braveologist.co.uk.
- A pre-workshop 30 min call with me to talk about what you can expect from the workshop, and to answer any questions you may have. This bit's important - we're starting to build trust way before the workshop days.
- A three day The Daring Way™ intensive workshop at The Sill Visitor Centre, Northumberland, starting on Wednesday 3rd October 2018 at 10 am and ending on Friday 5th October 2018 at 5.00 pm.
- We'll have a hot drink and delicious pastries waiting for you, and includes a light sandwich lunch on each day, and all course materials. Travel to and from the venue is not included. Plenty of parking is available at the venue. It is a paid carpark, but we've already included that in your workshop fee so you don't need to worry about that. Just let me know your registration number when you book, and we'll take care of the rest for you.
The Daring Way in October is now fully booked - please contact me if you would like to be kept informed of future dates. You can unsubscribe at any time and I will only contact you for this purpose.
Questions you might have:
I'm ready to book - what happens now?
Hoorah! Contact me using the button above and let me know whether you want to pay in full or by instalments (there's no charge for the instalments but a small fee if you want to use a card to pay). I'll send you an invoice for the first payment of £199 - you can pay easily using Paypal or your credit card. Once you've paid this, your place is secured and I'll send you further details.
Can I pay in full, or can you invoice my employer?
Absolutely. Tell me what you need when you make contact with contact me button above.
What if I can't come, or change my mind?
Please register mindfully as your deposit holds your intention to show up! Your Daring Way place is transferrable but not refundable. This means you can sell, or gift, your place to someone else.
How do I get to The Sill?
You can see the details here.
Where should I stay?
What if I have dietary needs or allergies?
Let me know at the time of booking. We'll do our best to make sure everyone is well catered for. The Sill has a cafe and they will be lovingly preparing our catering.
Is this therapy?
No, it's not, and I am not a therapist. I'm a coach - governed by the ethics of the International Coach Federation - so will take good care of your beautiful heart - but I'm not qualified to offer therapy. You'll be asked to sign a coping agreement so you'll have the chance to think through what support you might need after the workshop, and I can help with recommendations, should you feel the need to dig more deeply into, and heal old stories. Past participants have done that and I've sought some extra support myself before now.
Will I be able to call myself a Certified Daring Way Facilitator after the workshop?
No - this work is for your own development and does not equip you to run workshops using the materials from The Daring Way or Rising Strong. You can find out more about certifying with the Daring Way at www.thedaringway.com, and I'd be happy to tell you about my journey to becoming a facilitator, if it helps you on yours.
If this invitation feels like a resounding yes then I'd be thrilled to welcome you to the stunning Northumberland National Park for this gathering of The Daring Way.
My intention is to gather people who feel really good about booking. As scarcity can often show up, I invite you to notice if you have any twinges of scarcity, fear of missing out or worry over paying for something you can't afford,
You do not need to have this, or any other experience, to start showing up more bravely in your life. Support is fantastic, yes, but you don't NEED a reason to start.
There will be other workshops, with me or with other facilitators. There are a million ways to deepen into this work, including reading Brene's books and watching videos that are freely available online.
You can begin right now, just as you are.
And if it still feels like a 'yes', use the 'contact me to book' button above.